What are we waiting for ?
For 30 years God has been preparing the Maranatha Community ‘for such a time as this’. For 30 years we have seen a powerful movement of the Holy Spirit. There has been great fruitfulness – lives transformed, people healed, the dead raised, enemies reconciled, bonds of unity forged.
As we have prayed ‘Come, Lord Jesus’ we have seen Him come, so often in unexpected ways. Yet, we still wait with longing for His final coming in glory. And as we wait Jesus says to each of us, “Come”, “Go”; He demands immediacy in our response. It is time to leap over the obstacles that have immobilised us. The word given to Maranatha many years ago – “Do it now” – is for 2012.
The February edition of the Maranatha Community Newsletter which is available for you to read on-screen (or print for your convenience) list initiatives for this year, brings news from our Assembly last October and Annual Gathering at Quinta in January, and leads us in balancing prayer and action.
We would also like to draw your attention to the following: (click on each)
- Weekend “Rising up as Eagles” – 30 March – 1 April, Loreto Convent, Llandudno
- Trumpet Call – Marriage – The Battle is on. Action for you to take.
- Coalition for Marriage petition for you to sign and pass on
- Weekends and Retreats 2012 – all the details and printable booking forms
- Our of the Courtroom book by Allyn Benedict AVAILABLE NOW
- Sharing the Vision in Truro – what does it mean to follow Jesus in the UK today?
- Sharing the Vision in Durham – an invitation
- Manchester Maranatha Gathering – Holy Saturday, April 7th 10:30am – 4:00pm.
- THE ONLINE BOOKSHOP– buy all Maranatha publications and thousands of Christian Books, CD, DVDs etc. directly from our own Taste and See Bookshop via on-line purchasing. Click here and then choose from a display shelf or click on the SEARCH button.
- Prayer Network
If you have any comment on this newsletter then please do leave them.
Easter Saturday is April 14th Holy Saturday is April 7th! so when is this event?
Thank you for pointing this out. We are sorry for incorrectly referring to April 7th as Easter Saturday (which is of course the Saturday AFTER Easter Sunday).
We have now corrected the information above. The Manchester Maranatha Gathering is on HOLY SATURDAY – April 7th, between Good Friday and Easter Sunday.