A VERY URGENT CALL TO EVERY CHRISTIAN IN THE UNITED KINGDOM
A STRUGGLE IS NOW TAKING PLACE FOR THE SOUL OF OUR NATION AT THIS TIME OF CRISIS
This call is made in the name of many thousands of members of the Anglican, Roman Catholic, Methodist, Baptist, Presbyterian, Orthodox, Pentecostal, Salvation Army, United Reformed, New and Independent Churches right across the UK
WE STRONGLY BELIEVE THE UNITED PRAYER OF GOD’S PEOPLE WILL HAVE AN IMMEDIATE AND POWERFUL INFLUENCE UPON THE STATE OF OUR NATION TODAY.
It is urgent that, as Christians, we take our positions as members of the Body of Christ and PRAY earnestly for the United Kingdom.
The current riots across the land hold up a mirror to the moral and spiritual sickness of our nation. The issues facing us today are not primarily political or social but spiritual. This is yet another manifestation of the consequences of our nation turning its back on God and His ways. It follows the exposure of corruption in the banking system, the Parliamentary expenses scandal, the phone hacking inquiry and corruption in the police.
We believe that God, in His mercy, is shining the light of His Truth on to the ugly wound of our nation which is in need of cleansing and healing. The riots are the fruit of our betrayal of our younger generations whom we have robbed of hope and purpose.
The police, politicians and others in positions of worldly authority are desperately searching for ways to bring the rioters under control. In this situation it is the mandate of the people of God to exercise spiritual authority through united prayer.
WILL YOU PLEASE TAKE IMMEDIATE STEPS TO JOIN WITH CHRISTIANS FROM OTHER CHURCHES IN YOUR AREA TO PRAY FOR THE NATION:
- For those in positions of authority – MP’s, Local councils, Police, Community leaders – to be given wisdom and Godly advice.
- For church leaders to speak with one voice, identifying clearly the spiritual nature of what is happening.
- For confusion of spiritual communication between demonic forces and a collapse of mob formation.
- For protection of people, their lives and their property in areas of rioting, and protection of police and those enforcing law and order.
- For cleansing and healing of the underlying causes of our national sickness.
PLEASE CONSIDER JOINING THOSE WHO ARE PRAYING ON THE STREETS OF OUR CITIES DURING THE DAYTIME AND GATHERING IN CHURCH BUILDINGS AND HOMES TO PRAY AT NIGHT