The Big Question –
What on Earth are we Doing to our Children ?
The message of this new book, launched by the Maranatha Community in December, is a direct challenge to the conscience of our nation. Since the Community produced ‘What on earth are we doing to our children?’ in 1995, countless initiatives and billions of pounds have been targeted at children and young people. However, the evidence presented in this book clearly shows that their situation is now worse. The political and lifestyle choices made by us in the UK, over the last 50 years, have created a legacy of catastrophic debt for future generations. More seriously, vast numbers of children and young people are growing up without any sense of identity or purpose.
The January edition of the Maranatha Community Newsletter which is available for you to read on-screen (or print for your convenience) gives more information from this new book which is available from the online bookshop for only £5 and FREE P&P until the end of January, and reminds us of God’s word on children as well as giving lots of community news.
We would also like to draw your attention to the following: (click on each)
- The Big Question – Recording of the Consultation in Parliament
- Weekend and Retreats 2013/14 – Download the Brochure.
- Weekend at Llandundo “An offering of Worship” – Info and booking form
- Light out of Darkness Retreat 1 – Stepping out in Faith. (April & Sept)
- Light out of Darkness Retreat 2 – Building with the Spirit. (June & Oct)
- Light out of Darkness Retreat 3 – Waiting with God in the Desert. (June)
- Manchester Maranatha Gathering – Saturday 2nd February 10:30am – 4:00pm
- Prayer Network
Please discuss the contents of this newsletter by leaving comments below, or the contents of The Big Question by leaving comments here.